Are you interested in a career working with people whose legal approach is passionate, progressive, and unique among Australian law firms? Would you like to be part of a culture that values creativity, diversity, accountability, and technical excellence?
Our Clerkship Program is designed to provide you with these insights, professional development training, and hands-on experience, allowing you to explore areas of law that interest you the most.
As part of our Program, you will:
- learn about our firm, different practice areas, and gain insights through rotations across insurance law and health law
- be exposed to real matters – this may include observing lawyers in client meetings, attending court, drafting correspondence, and attending networking events
- have direct access to and be mentored by Principals and senior team members who will provide you with ongoing feedback
- be paired with a ‘buddy’ (a previous clerk)
- work with a dynamic, open, and collaborative team
- have access to ongoing professional development training, flexible work arrangements, and a range of benefits that reward excellence in a supportive environment
- have the opportunity to attend a variety of social and networking events hosted by Meridian.
Eligibility and Application Process
To be eligible you must be in your penultimate year studying a law degree at university.
The information you provide on the application form will allow us to obtain an overview of your work experience, skills, academics, and overall suitability for our Program. This is a standard part of Meridian’s recruitment process.
If you meet our prerequisite, we will conduct a number of interviews which may include a phone interview and face-to-face interview with HR, a Principal, and a senior team member.
Successful candidates will be notified by HR, in line with the dates below.
Our Clerkship Program will take place in our Melbourne office, in December 2023, February 2024, and July 2024. Each clerkship is for a duration of three weeks.
Recruitment dates are in line with the Law Institute of Victoria:
|Monday, 3 July 2023||Applications for clerks will open via our website|
|Sunday, 13 August 2023||Applications close at midnight|
|Early September 2023||Interviews will commence|
|Wednesday, 18 October 2023||Offers will be made from 10 am|
For any queries about our Clerkship Program, please email Liza Truong at HR@meridianlawyers.com.au