Meridian has corporate and commercial expertise and capability to service not-for-profit organisations and to provide guidance on the complexities of the legislative framework applying to our clients in this sector.
Our clients include charities, community groups, church and educational institutions.
We understand the nature and sensitivity of handling claims against religious and community organisations and we have a proven track record in managing disputes effectively and quickly.
We have extensive experience working with regulatory authorities, including Government Departments, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Medicare Australia, the Transport Accident Commission and WorkCover.
Advising not-for-profit organisations across a diverse range of issues including:
- Legal structure and constitutions
- Governance and compliance
- Fundraising, grant agreements and sponsorship
- Commercial transactions
- Personal injury claims
- Property damage claims
- Consumer protection and building
- Coronial investigations
- Workplace relations related areas including misconduct and performance management advice, preparing employment contracts and policies, advice on award coverage and leave entitlements, representation in unfair dismissal claims, adverse action claims and underpayment claims, restructuring and redundancy advice
Our services also include:
- Drafting and reviewing policy wording
- Policy construction and interpretation
- Policy coverage disputes