We are there for our clients if and when disputes arise. Our dedicated Workplace Relations and Safety team has extensive litigation experience and our team of skilled advocates regularly represent clients in litigated matters in the Fair Work Commission, State and Federal Courts, and State and Federal anti-discrimination tribunals.
Disputes, Litigation and Representation
We have assisted our clients in the following ways:
- Successfully defending a manufacturing company in an unfair dismissal hearing.
- Representing a transport company in a right of entry dispute.
- Acting for a childcare employer in a general protections claim in the Federal Circuit Court.
- Representing an employer in an application to stop workplace bullying.
- Acting for an employer on a claim of sexual harassment made by one employee against another.
- Acting for an insurance broker in the enforcement of post-employment restraints imposed on a former employee.
- Defending a finance sector employer on an award coverage and underpayment claim.
- Acting for a not-for-profit employer defending a decision to dismiss an under-performing employee.
- Succeeding in striking out an unfair dismissal claim against a small business employer on jurisdictional grounds.