Working at Meridian
We are a team that solves problems across the areas of insurance law, corporate and commercial law, property and workplace relations and safety. We are passionate about our clients – some would say we are obsessive about making sure we deliver on our promises. Our real point of difference is our people. We share a genuine interest in the work we perform, and unfailing strive to do the best for all our clients. We pride ourselves on being a team of down-to-earth people, who are passionate about helping others.
Our values drive everything we do:
One team – we work together as one team in a collaborative, friendly and supportive work environment with open communication, trust and respect.
Excellence – we always provide the highest standard of legal service within our areas of expertise to benefit our clients.
Creativity – we encourage innovation and improved ways of working within a highly positive and engaged workplace culture.
Trust – we act with fairness, honesty and mutual respect in all that we do.
We are also passionate about the people we employ. If you value working on interesting, high quality work that helps real people to solve real problems in a collaborative and progressive environment, then we want to hear from you.
Clients value our friendly and caring approach and we seek out lawyers, support staff and managers who feel the same.
View our current opportunities:
Summer Clerkship Program
Our clerkship program is designed to provide you with professional development training, hands-on experience and an insight into a career working with people whose approach is passionate, progressive and unique among Australian law firms.
Applications for summer clerkships in our Melbourne office open on 8 July 2019.
Read more about the program and the application process:
Our graduate program is designed to provide you with insights across practice areas so you can find the area of law that interests you. Our program enables you to spend time in up to three practice areas, working alongside senior lawyers who provide guidance and mentorship as you gain a better understanding of different expertise areas.
|Tuesday 6 August 2019 – Wednesday 7 August 2019||Priority offers made|
|Friday 9 August 2019||Market applications open|
|Sunday 18 August 2019||Applications close 11.59 pm|
|From Friday 20 September 2019||Offers will be made|
For any queries about our Graduate Program please email HR@meridianlawyers.com.au
Applications for our Graduate Program open on Friday 9 August 2019 – please forward a covering letter, your CV and academic transcript to HR@meridianlawyers.com.au
We strive to be an employer of choice and greatly value the contribution our people make to the business. We know the importance of ensuring each of our team members has the opportunity to balance their working life with their personal life and we have a range of benefits that reward excellence while at the same time focus on providing flexibility and a supportive environment.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to professional development through a structured learning program, mentoring and coaching
- Flexible working arrangements
- Dress for your day
- Well being initiatives including regular health checks
- A range of discounts and services through a variety of leading retail and service partners
- An employee referral program
- A collegiate environment where team members have access to and are mentored by Principals and senior team members
- A commitment to encouraging diversity and flexibility (we are proud of our achievement in being listed, in 2018, among the top five law firms in Australia with a high proportion of women as principals)
About Meridian | Fast Facts
Meridian is an Australian based law firm that is big on experience and capacity while maintaining a personable culture that values creativity, diversity, accountability and technical excellence. Our culture enables us to forge close working relationships with clients, achieve successful outcomes and offer innovative solutions to their legal issues.
Additional facts about Meridian include:
- 20 Principals; more than 140 staff members
- Offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth
- Operations commenced in April 2004
- Expertise across insurance, health, corporate and commercial law, workplace relations and safety, commercial litigation and dispute resolution
- An incorporated legal practice with three shareholders