Summer Clerkship Program
Are you interested in a career working with people whose legal approach is passionate, progressive and unique among Australian law firms? Would you like to be part of a culture that values creativity, diversity, accountability and technical excellence?
Our Clerkship Program is designed to provide you with these insights, professional development training and hands-on experience, allowing you to explore areas of law that interest you the most.
As part of our Program you will:
- spend time in (up to four) practice areas including insurance law, health law, property and public liability and corporate and commercial law
- be exposed to real matters – this may include observing lawyers in client meetings, attending court, drafting correspondence and attending networking events
- have direct access to and be mentored by Principals and senior team members who will provide you with ongoing feedback
- be paired with a ‘buddy’ (a previous summer clerk)
- work with a dynamic, open and collaborative team
- have access to ongoing professional development training, flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits that reward excellence in a supportive environment
- have the opportunity to attend a variety of social and networking events hosted by Meridian.
Eligibility and Application Process
To be eligible you must be in your penultimate year studying a law degree at university.
You will be required to apply via our online application form (applications for 2019 closed on 11th August). The information you provide on the form will allow us to obtain an overview of your work experience, skills, academics and overall suitability for our Program. This is a standard part of Meridian’s recruitment process.
If you meet our prerequisite, we will conduct a number of interviews which may include a phone interview and face-to-face interview with HR, a Principal and senior team member.
Successful candidates will be notified by HR, in-line with the dates below.
Our two Summer Clerkships will take place over three-week periods in our Melbourne office from 2 December to 20 December 2019 and from 3 February to 21 February 2020.
Recruitment dates are in line with the Law Institute of Victoria:
|Monday 8 July 2019||Applications for clerks will open via our website|
|Sunday 11 August 2019||Applications will close at midnight|
|Mid-August 2019||Interviews will commence|
|From Thursday 10 October 2019||Offers will be made|
For any queries about our Clerkship Program please email HR@meridianlawyers.com.au