Principal Nevena Brown is participating in LawSense’s 2021 ‘Law for Mental Health Practitioners’ series, and will be presenting the following topic:
Confidentiality, Privacy, Sharing and Storing Information: Understanding and Balancing Your Obligations
- Examining current laws relevant to privacy, confidentiality and information sharing and how these interact
- What amounts to lawful consent to release information? Can children give consent?
- Dealing with insurance organisations requesting records
- Sharing records within a team – what are the limits and what should be considered?
- Understanding when and what information you can share with third parties such as GPs or agencies
- Exploring what steps, you can take to prevent disclosure of your records by other practitioners, such as GPs
- Dealing with families and the disclosure of information
- Meeting your privacy and confidentiality obligations where cloud-based storage of records is involved
- Managing the interaction between your duty of care and duty of confidentiality
Nevena’s presentation is at 1:00pm on Thursday 25 November 2021. For more information click here.