Principals Nevena Brown and Shannon Mony will be participating in the LawSense’s ‘Law for Mental Health Practitioners: Child, Youth & Family‘ 2022 series, presenting the following topic in NSW and WA:
Obtaining Consent from Mature Minors and Navigating Consent Where There is Family Separation
Consent and Mature Minors
- Examining the key elements of informed consent
- How is age considered in assessing consent in different circumstances?
- How does age affect considerations of consent where the student is between 12 and 14?
- What level of information is required to make it “informed” when dealing with mature minors?
Consent and Separated Parents
- Understanding how different arrangements or Court orders after separation affect consent – who can provide consent where:
- there are no Court orders
- there are interim and final orders
- Exploring circumstances when “step-parents” or grandparents can provide consent
- Navigating circumstances where parents or guardians conflict about consent to psychology services
Details of the presentations in each state are listed below
- NSW | 9 September 2022 – presented by Principal, Nevena Brown
- WA | 16 September 2022 – presented by Principal, Shannon Mony
For more information click here.