Principal Nevena Brown is participating in LawSense’s 2022 Law for School Counsellors series, ‘Balancing Your Obligations and Rights in Supporting Students and Mitigating Your Risk in the School’, on Tuesday 3 May 2022, and will be presenting the following topic:
Obtaining Consent from Mature Minors and Navigating Consent Where There is Family Separation
This session will cover:
Consent and Mature Minors
- Examining the key elements of informed consent
- How is age considered in assessing consent in different circumstances?
- How does age affect considerations of consent where the student is between 12 and 14?
- What level of information is required to make it “informed” when dealing with mature minors?
Consent and Separated Parents
- Understanding how different arrangements or Court orders after separation affect consent – who can provide consent where:
- there are no Court orders
- there are interim and final orders
- Exploring circumstances when “step-parents” or grandparents can provide consent
For further information click here.