Principal Nevena Brown is presenting at LawSense’s School Law NSW 2022 series ‘Balancing Obligations & Rights in Supporting Your School and Mitigating Risk’ on Tuesday 31 May 2022.
Nevena’s presentation on Vaping, Sexting and Other Student Offences: Dealing with Allegations, Police, Requests for Information and Outlining Effective Disciplinary Action will cover:
- Reviewing the legal frameworks for young offenders
- The role/or requirement of the school
- Understanding the extent of a school’s obligations where the activity happens outside school
- Police interviewing students
- Examining rights and obligations in meeting requests for documents or other material from the police
- Providing a witness statement and giving evidence
- Defining and adopting procedural fairness in the investigation
- Exploring the relevant legislation around student discipline
- Outlining fair disciplinary action and policies
For more information and to register, click here.