Principal Nevena Brown is participating in LawSense’s 2022 School Law series, Transgender and Gender Fluidity: Navigating Student Welfare, Rights and Obligations, and will be presenting the following topic:
Navigating Student Decision Making Capacity and Disclosure of Information to Parents or Guardians
- Outlining how student decision-making capacity is relevant to supporting the student and to lawful disclosure of information
- Assessing decision-making capacity and the mature minor
- Outlining key elements in determining whether to disclose gender issues to parents and guardians against the wishes of the student
- Assessing risk of harm in determining disclosure of gender-related issues
- Exploring considerations where the student has been communicating about their gender expressions with the school counsellor: professional obligations and confidentiality
Nevena’s presentation is at 12:00 pm on Tuesday 5 April 2022. For more information click here.