Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Our Workplace Relations and Safety team is on the panel for a number of insurers who provide Employment Practices Liability (EPL) cover. Our team takes a commercial and pragmatic approach to resolving EPL claims.
The insurance policy holders come from a range of industries, from service sector to heavy industry, small and large employers. We act primarily for employers, but also act for medical professional employees in responding to employment related allegations.
We have assisted our clients in the following ways:
- Defending a general protections dispute claim in the federal court made against an insured by a childcare worker.
- Assisting a doctor with her participation in an investigation and response to a claim that she had bullied a junior staff member.
- Providing complex indemnity advice into the policy responding to claims made against insureds by non-traditional workers.
- Defending an insured in the pharmacy sector and the senior management on a discrimination claim.
- Negotiating a commercial and pragmatic settlement of a complex breach of contract and other claims commenced in the Federal Court against a not-for-profit employer.
- Defending an insured pharmacy employer in an unfair dismissal claim.
- Providing sounding board advice to insureds of an insurer before any disciplinary action is taken against an employee to assist the insured achieve the best outcome at the workplace and minimise claims.