Phillip has practised exclusively in the insurance space for more than 10 years.
His experience is concentrated in the areas of building and construction, property damage, public liability, and policy coverage.
He acts for both local and overseas underwriters, particularly Lloyd’s Syndicates and others in the London insurance market.
With an impressive track record in litigation, Phillip’s has managed a number of complex and high profile cases with outstanding results.
Phillip’s experience includes:
- Acting for the structural engineer in defence of NSW Supreme Court proceedings arising from the evacuation of Mascot Towers.
- Representing a mechanical engineering firm in private arbitrations arising from the development of the New Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- Defending an architectural company in a matter commenced in the NSW Supreme Court arising from alleged cladding defects for a number of high rise developments in Chatswood, New South Wales.
- Defending a private building company in matters commenced in the NSW Land & Environment Court and the NSW Supreme Court arising from the high profile partial collapse of a residential property in Bondi, New South Wales.
- Acting for a private building company in multiple proceedings (both litigated and un-litigated) arising from the high profile partial collapse of a commercial building in Crows Nest, New South Wales.
- Acting for a hydraulic services company in defence of proceedings commenced in the Federal Court of Australia arising from property damage to a warehouse.
Phillip is a member of the NSW Law Society.